The Rubin Museum offers volunteers the opportunity to gain exposure to the workings of an art museum and to contribute services to various departments within the museum.
Candidates must be willing to make a long-term commitment to serve as a Rubin Museum volunteer.
Qualified candidates should have an interest in Himalayan art or museums, a flexible attitude toward working with others, and an understanding that reliability is important.
Available program times: Wednesdays 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.;
Saturdays 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.; Sundays 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Placing museum materials on all theater tables.
- Opening theater and collecting tickets from program patrons.
- Answering general museum questions.
Skills Required: Maturity, ability to interact with the public, and ability to stand for extended periods of time.
K2 Lounge Will-Call Hosts
Commitment: one Friday night per month from 6:00 to 9:45 p.m.
- Giving out tickets for the Cabaret Cinema film (tickets are free with a $7 purchase from the café).
- Answering questions from the general public about the museum, Cabaret Cinema, and the evening’s programs.
- Welcoming program participants as they arrive at the museum; coordinating/communicating with programming staff.
Skills Required: Maturity, positive attitude, outgoing nature, and customer service skills.
In appreciation of their dedication, all active interns and volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Free museum admission for intern/volunteer and one guest
- 10% discount on food/drink items at Serai
- 25% discount on most shop items at Serai
- Free admission to many museum programs when available
- 10% discount on selected museum programs
- 25% discount on gift memberships
- Invitation to an annual appreciation event
Interested in volunteering at the Rubin Museum of Art? Please email your resume along with a cover letter indicating (1) your interest in the Rubin Museum of Art, (2) what type of volunteering you are interested in, (3) your relevant qualifications, and (4) your availability (days/times) to firstname.lastname@example.org.